Old 14-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Kev Bailey

Default [IBC] timber training boxes

I use rough sawn tanalised (pressure treated) timber with no ill effects on
the trees. The boxes that I've made have been in service for more than five
years with no sign of rot yet.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
N Wales, UK, Zone 9

From: Martin
Subject: [IBC] timber training boxes
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:16:19 +1000

Greetings,

I've seen in several bonsai books and on the net the use of training boxes
for larger specimens of Yamadori etc. I was wondering what would be the
best
timber to use for say a 5 year stint as a training box. My main concern
being timber rot and it's effects on the roots of my plants.

I knocked up one box out of dressed (smooth sanded) pine planks I had
laying
around and sealed them with clear varnish but am still somewhat concerned
about the planks rotting.

Any tips in regards would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters