Old 14-10-2005, 05:07 PM
wendy7

Default What about this cross?

Hi Gene,
Just want to mention that there are always people that buy these
crosses.
My friend actually purchased this plant from S.Barb. in a silent auction &
paid
hundreds???? I got a small piece from him for $20.
Will post his pics which were taken last year, over on abpo.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Gene Schurg wrote:
I was in the Greenhouse and it appears that my L. anceps and
Schomburgkia splendida will both be in flower at the same time. Both
of these monsters have flowers on long inflorenses but the flowers
are very different. I was thinking....what would happen if they were
crossed?

A search of the RHS website shows this to be Schombolaelia Splendid
Spire registered by SBOE in 2003.

Picture of this is at
http://sborchid.com/OrchidOfTheDay/S...endidSpire.htm

Those of you in the know, is this a worthy cross? Sounds like a lot
of fun. The registered cross shows the seed parent as the
Schomburgkia. If I get the change should I try it both ways?