Old 14-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default Headers 101 {was: A Pond Question} (Off-topic) = Maxx

"Maxx Pollare" wrote in message

The only reliable way to spot Carol from the trolls is by the visable
IP address found in the "X-trace" or "NNTP-Posting-Host". The only real
Carol posts are those from "66.82.*.*". Unfourtunately she can't get
into her head that we need that visable IP to tell the diffrence.

## WE? THEY don't bother to check anyway Maxx. Some of my NSPs show my
NNTP and some don't. Since no one checks but YOU, I can't see how it
matters. I'll have to check and see which use it and which don't, and
change my identity to Reel McKoi on that one. I can guarantee you it isn't
going to make a difference......

Now, for this Vaultkeeper/Phatom/Guardian/FrankenFish it's easy to see
it as another Jabbers sock based on the content alone, but that doesn't
matter... Use your own judment when dealing with trolls.

--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b