Old 14-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Aaron Hicks

Default orchid database?

Open Office does have a database, called (cleverly enough) BASE:

http://www.openoffice.org/product2/base.html

It apparently supports MS Access databases natively. I have yet to
try it. I've been using Open Office suite for a couple of months now; the
1.1.5 version has been remarkably useful. My third book is being written
in it as something of an experiment; the drawing program allows me to
create sketches and then insert them into the document. Now at 124 pages,
and not even 150 kilobytes in size- which given the stuff I've jammed in
there isn't too bad.

For those of you not aware, Open Office has a word processor, a
spreadsheet, a drawing program, and other goodies- for free. It can take
Microsoft files, and an upcoming release is expected to build
substantially on the existing version. Highly recommended.

http://www.openoffice.org

(It's free as in beer. Very nice.)

The email address in the header doesn't work. That's why I don't
reply to your emails.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ