Old 15-10-2005, 02:23 AM

Default pruning a fig

hack away!

I have seen figs cut down to 4 main branches 2 feet off of the ground and be
over 6 feet by the end of the summer.

Mine was loaded this year as well

Must have been the year of the fig.

Tomatolord

"Siouxzi" wrote in message
My brown turkey fig is only a few years old, but it's probably close
to 20 feet tall. This year, it produced very small fruits in small
numbers, most of which were out of reach to me (but not to the
birds!).
I'd like to prune it pretty severely, and baby it next spring in hopes
of getting a good sweet crop. Will it be OK if I cut it down to 4 feet
or so and remove some big side branches?
And is this a good time to do it, after the fruits are gone?

Tanks
Sue