Old 16-10-2005, 05:42 AM
mm

Default Dead Raccoon Trapped Under Deck -- What to Do?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:47:55 -0400, mm
wrote:

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in a
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

Personally I don't think it will cause disease. Depressing topic but
someone on the news pointed out that the dead bodies from Katrina
wouldn't cause disease even if they weren't buried quickly.

To reply to my own post, it was after the tsunami in the far east that
I heard some scientist on the radio say this. Then I heard someone
repeat it after Katrina, that people killed by other than communicable
disease are not a health hazard (for quite a while?)

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.