Old 19-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Margaret Paige

Default Christmas Cactus flowering failure

Hallo there,

Mine these year flowered profusely beginning just before Xmas. About 2 weeks
after the flowers had all died a whole lot of new buds appeared, but these
have all dropped off. Needless to say I haven't moved the pot as I alsways
thought this was the wORST thing to do to Xmas cactusses ;-)

Margaret

"Clarke Brunt" schreef in bericht
Ken Riley wrote in message ...
I've heard that moving them will cause them to drop buds but it's
never happened to mine.

I wonder if it's ever happened to anyone! Or could it possibly be one of
those things that, once written by a single author, gets trotted out
time and time again every time this subject comes up. Mine usually
flower OK, if not prolifically, but I wouldn't give much thought to
whether I turned them round or not. Yes - they _do_ drop flower buds
sometimes. I'd just imagine it was because the cultivation conditions
didn't bear the slightest resemblance to their native habitat.

--
Clarke Brunt