Old 16-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default laurel

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

I wish to block the gaps with a fast growing evergreen in order to
prevent the local low life getting any ideas about plundering my stable
yard, also to give birds somewhere to shelter.

I hesitate before suggesting leylandii. You can grow brambles amongst
that with no problem, which will provide you with cover, a screen, and
something pretty impenetrable.

Laurel will provide big inviting gaps at the bottom, suitable for
crawling through - and not even on all-fours. Also, it's not *THAT*
quick growing: well, not until it gets really established.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/