Old 16-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Sacha

Default laurel

On 16/10/05 11:46, in article
, "Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote:

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

I have some long hedge gaps that I need to fill, I am going to use
native hedging for most of the gaps but one I need to fill quickly -
about 15ft. -as it is a bit of a security thing and it worries me. I
have been looking around and think that Laurel would do the job as the
plants are fairly large to start with but having just done a google the
fact that there is a poison problem is another worry, any advice please

Poison problem is negligible unless you have a toddler with a
death-wish. In any case, the toddler would be pretty-well grown-up by
the time ant 'cherries' appear.

Is it likely to be poisonous to horses, though? I simply don't know if
horses take a nibble at laurel, though I do know people won't use yew
hedging round horses. And a friend of mine's horse died after eating
acorns. ;-(
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk