Old 16-10-2005, 08:39 PM
K & B

Default Problems with pot plants

"MaxMustermann" wrote in message
oups.com...
The plants are in pots and not POT!!!

I did some research and it looks like an aphid invasion. I don't know
from where they cropped up!!

Anyways... I did the following:
1. Cut all affected leaves and stems (mint will grow just the same)
2. Made a mixture of 1tbsp dish-washing liquid and 1 quart water and
sprayed on the mint.

I hope this solves the problem. Would the leaves still be edible?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,
I'm like you, new to gardening so I started small with herbs in pots (in
Washington state). I found aphids on my plants last week, they almost
destroyed my cilantro but I think just started in on my mint and basil.
Didn't see any on the thyme. I sprayed them down with water a couple days
ago, and it looks like they're gone from everything except the mint. I'll
try to spray the mint again today, then I guess start cutting or spray with
soap like you did. I was wondering too if the chemicals would affect the use
of herbs in cooking.
Aphids are not my favorite part of learning about gardening!

Good luck,
Kimberly