Old 16-10-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Pond cleaning schedule U of F website

it is much, much easier to handle PP is a stock solution is made first. there is
almost no risk of ODing the pond and much reduces the risk of fish swimming thru too
high a concentration of PP when stock is dripped into the pond.
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/d....htm#POTASSIUM
Ingrid

(~Roy) wrote:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FA032 Is one of many papers (fact Sheets) on
use of PP. There are many other papers and articles concerning PP on
this website. Just sub the following additional fact sheet numbers in
place of the FA032 number in the above URL.

Their server is often very very busy and or slow, and they do take it
offline periodically to update things.

Additional papers on PP a

FA041
FA033
FA027
FA004

If you measure the amount of PP carefully, and know the exact gallons
in the pond and check and recheck your figures PP is relatively safe
and easy to use and does a terrific job. Often times more than not,
fish as well as plants all benefit from a dose periodically.. My
biggest chore was figuriing out exactly how much water was in my pond
(1+ acre natural pond) whose water level fluctuates with dry spells
and rainfalls, but I have it all figured out now in relationship to a
bench mark I made...I can normally hold the color differential between
6 hours minimum,, and 8 hours maximum pretty consistently......YOu
would be surprised at what a prophylactic dose of PP can ward off or
what it can heal.....Protazoan diseases, fungus, ulcers, septicemia
etc are almost non existent for the most part if done regularly. And
water clarity especially in a natural pond in the south could not be
better. Not even the typically found algae bloom problems occur.

Regards

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE