Old 16-10-2005, 06:41 PM

Default hopi crabapple in blooms and this is 15 October

I suppose I could call the local news broadcasters of this region to
come and take a picture and include it in their news tonight or
thereafter of a case where a crabapple is in bloom and flower and this
is 16 October. Because few are going to believe my words on the
Internet.

Or, someone else, somewhere else has the same observation or experience
where a tree is in bloom and flowering at this moment in time. I
suppose plants in greenhouses can be tricked into blooming out of
season. We had a cold snap a few weeks ago and now are above normal
temperature which may have tricked the crabapple into blooming.

Would anyone have a metabolism explanation for this crabapple activity
to bloom before winter? Are apples species easily tricked?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium