Old 17-10-2005, 08:36 AM
June Hughes

Default Petrol Blower/Vac?

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
I have wanted one of these blower/vacs to collect all the small leaves from
our large Robinia etc for years, so has anyone experience of these machines?
What should I look for? Pitfalls?

The reason I am asking is that I have just seen a Flymo Petrol Blower/Vac
XLB250 in a local GC at £99.99 which is about £20 cheaper than anywhere else
and whilst it is, no doubt, inferior to a Stihl it's also about half the
price of their cheapest. Anyone got/used the Flymo?
(I might add that I don't much like electric tools, too restrictive, can't
be used down the allotment etc.)

Why not hire one for a day and then you will know whether or not it
suits you? I don't know what it would cost but there must be a hire
place somewhere near you and I can't imagine it being over-expensive.
--
June Hughes