Old 17-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Carl Morrow

Default [IBC] timber training boxes -papoose style

Dear All

Alan Walker wrote:

Thanks, Anton. This is a very practical idea... one which makes
me ask, "Now why didn't I think of that?!"

From: anton nijhuis
I gave up on boxes many years ago and find the 'papoose style'
that was first created by Dan Robinson as the cheapest and most
efficient method of training on a tree that is field dug. Chicken

Considering the original source I suspect that it was developed to deal
with large collected trees trees for landscape use.

How does one make sure that enough water gets to the roots?

We live in a dry city with strict water restrictions and so we cannot
spray water around and hope that 10% of it ends up in the soil.

My thoughts would be drippers dotted around the top of the ball, a
sculpted root ball such that there is a doughnut shaped hollow around
the top that can be filled with water or possibly placing the ball in a
shallow tray that is filled with water that would then be drawn into the
ball.

Any other more elegant solutions?

Carl
Cape Town

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++