Old 17-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Steven Peterson

Default [IBC] Lime Sulfer

Thanks, Roger.

I have to think about how I could test it. Should I try to spray a single branch?

Other than death, what sort of negative reaction should I look for?

Regards,
Steve

On Sunday, October 16, 2005, at 05:40PM, Roger Snipes wrote:

Steve,

I assume you are after the look of an older ficus whose bark is somewhat
bleached from age. If you spray the tree with lime sulfur that is mixed at
the recommended rate per the label instructions it will tend to give the
bark the bleached look of an older ficus. I would test first to be sure
your tree doesn't react negatively to a lime sulfur spray. It may take more
that one application before the bleached look develops.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish