Old 17-10-2005, 11:58 AM
La puce

Default What to do with shreddings

cineman wrote:
My advice would be not to put ivy shreddings straight onto your bed as even
a small piece of stem can throw off roots , and as i said before you would
have the perfect groundcover. Keep in black plastic bags under a bush or
hedge for a few weeks just to start the rotting process.

What about holly?! I'm having my holly tree professionaly pruned. I was
offered the shreddings as they bring a machine with them. I accepted
thinking it would be a fabulous mulch but now I'm wondering if it's not
too acid? Maybe only for the paths ... but even though, am I making a
mistake?