Old 17-10-2005, 12:14 PM
La puce

Default Are slugs and snails eating phormium?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
No I didn't, please mind your attributions

?!! You will find that if you go back to Lynda's post you'll see that
what was written was 'Lynda wrote ...'. And the 'good luck' was in fact
me who wrote it.

I've noticed that you've done this a few times before, more recently in
the compost thread - when you stated that 'some poster' said that his
compost was 'rubbish', and you kept my name on it making a sarcastic
comment, when in fact it was someone else talking about his own compost
being rubbish at the moment for he has had little to put on it.

You'll find the problem is at your end!

My friend has an
enormous one and is plague by mice apparently. They chew the leaves
like if they were celery sticks ... Would you think that's a
possibility?

Yes, or voles. I once lost an entire crop of leeks to rodents who
gnawed them down like beavers :-(

I've lost leeks in the past, even my sweet corns this year must have
been eaten by a giant badger, seeing the carnage I was left with - but
loosing a phormium to roddents is amazing. You'd think they don't have
anything else to eat!!