Old 17-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Harold Walker

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains these
words:

I find all abuse of English quite amusing, [and thank whoever for
spell-check] as there seems to be no way to alter, once an adult. We
seem
to learn by example, from peers and parents, rather than education.

Janet

Communication is the 'name of the game'....way back when I spoke what might
be considered 'proper English' I found many that really did not understand
some of the words etc. etc.I used....being in marketing/selling for a living
I had to learn some valuable lessons in communicating and started the use of
the language of the 'audience'.....my so called excellent grammar took a
real hit but I was getting my points across....if I was talking to a
corporate VP I would use my public school speak but if talking to a lay
foreman it would be a different matter altogether and at this level even a
few cuss words here and there helped....so to those that would quibble about
an ' or a " here and there I would say......read the above.....H