Old 17-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains these words:

I find all abuse of English quite amusing, [and thank whoever for
spell-check] as there seems to be no way to alter, once an adult. We seem
to learn by example, from peers and parents, rather than education. Even
lack of thought can give rise to funny examples.
Heard a few weeks ago at the baby clinic~~ " You've had the baby then.
Was it a boy, or a waste of time?" [ She had three daughters already, but
none of the listeners knew]

Hoffnung "Sir, this is to inform you that I have given birth to twins
in the enclosed envelope." /Hoffnung

At other times~
" My daughter has had an 'hysterical rectomy' "

In the 50s, in the office of Faraday School, Canning Town, was pinned a
note (which has become famous): "Dear Sir, please excuse **** being
absent only he had diarrhoea through holes in his boots."

" My kitchen has been painted with 'plastic emotion' "
" I saw a picture of it in 'Idle Homes' "
W.M.News~~ Tractor for sale with 5 ton wench!!.
Also~
Many words are almost usually spelt wrongly.
Minuscule is frequently, wrongly, written with an 'i' instead of the 'u'
!

Oh, we can all spell baldly or get our fnigers in a twits while tryping.

My own spelling can be quite atrocious if I have to think about it~~~
so I can easily forgive others' mistakes.

Feral apostrophes excepted. Google for 'Apostrophe Protection Society'.

Best Wishes Brian.[No paragon]

Paraffin, Shirley?

--
Rusty