Old 17-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Nina

Default Lime Sulfer

I seem to recall that Dr. Nina doesn't DO Ficus. :-)

Jim Lewis -

Not true!!!! Surely you remember my mistletoe fig with the trunk that
won't thicken (F. deltoidea, grown from a cutting, now about 15 years
old, spindly but doing well), and my sacred Bo tree (F. religiosa). I
have a limited number of ratty tropicals which have to come inside for
winter. This year I bought a lotus, which is sitting in a tub on the
deck. Anybody wanting to tell me (offlist) what on earth to do with it
this winter will have my deepest gratitude.

I've never sprayed the figs with lime sulfur, so I have no idea how
they'd react. At the dosages used for plant protection, probably
nothing, although leaf-drop is possible. But I can't figure out how
spraying the tree would do anything except *encrust* the bark with
white crystals, which isn't much in the way of lightening it.

Nina.