Old 17-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Bramley Apple Tree

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message k
from Sacha contains these

words:

On 12/10/05 18:39, in article
, "Brian"
--- 'flayb' to respond wrote: snip
Am not even sure of the ingredients for a boiled egg!!

Cackleberries.

Just add water...

My father, visiting Moscow, was told how a Russian went to a smart
new Georgian restaurant, but couldn't eat anything they offered as it
was all far too spicy-hot. Finally, the soft-mouthed Rooshian said,
"Oh, for Heaven's sake! Just do me a couple of boiled eggs!" An hour
passsed, and even by Soviet standards this seemed excessive, so he
summoned the waiter...I imagine you've all already filled in the
blank for themselves, but, for the sake of completeness, I'll report
that the comradely nutrition-delivery operative was all like* "Sorry,
sorry! We aren't used to this dish: the chef's just working out how
you get the chilli into the eggs."

*(Never let it be said that my generation so, like, don't listen to
their children, dude!)

--
Mike.