Old 17-10-2005, 08:37 PM
ned

Default Storing bird seed

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Anyone have any suppliers of squirrel and mice proof storage for

bird
seed? We feed our feathered friends and buy in bulk (about 15kg at a
time x seed, sunflowers and millet sprays) and currently it is

taking
up valuable real estate in the kitchen. If we can move it into a
shed, suitably protected, we can get back some space.

Once upon a time I'd have grabbed my trusty copy of "Cage and Aviary
Birds" and ordered from someone in their but C&A is only available

"by
subscription" these days!

Cheers,
Paul DS.

For the last three years I've been using a plastic swing top kitchen
rubbish bin that just takes a 25Kg bag. That sits on the floor of the
garage - which is visited on the odd occasion by mice and squirrel. To
date, no thievery has taken place.
For sure a metal bin would give you more peace of mind.
Can you afford the price differential? :-)

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 30.09.2005