Old 18-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Vox Humana

Default what to do with canas when..

"tvksi" wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks! I knew i left them in the ground, (zone 7, NE TX) but that's
all i remembered! sometimes these bits of info come back, but sure gets
slow in coming sometimes! thanks!--lee

No problem. They are marginal in zone 6. I see some people around here who
leave them in the ground, but that never has worked for me. While traveling
in North Carolina and eastern Tennessee a few years ago, I noticed mass
planting of cannas in the median on the interstates. It was a beautiful
touch, and I'm sure they didn't lift those rhizomes as it would have been a
monumental job.

What varieties do you have?