View Single Post
  #12   Report Post  
Old 17-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Lime Sulfer

Friends:

You can expect to see phototoxic results if you apply lime sulfur to a tree that has recently received an oil-based spray.

Also, do not spray Apricots with lime sulfur.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:45:22 -0700
Subject: [IBC] Lime Sulfer

Spraying some of the solution onto an expendable branch would be a good way to test. Another option would be to spray another ficus that would be expendable in the event of a negative reaction.

Death of the plant would be the worst reaction, but one could possibly see damage to the foliage, or the plant could drop leaves, but recover. I don't know if there are any toxicity issues with ficus and lime sulfur dormant spray or not; it may be totally OK. I would check the label to be sure that ficus isn't mentioned as something not to spray. Maybe someone on the list has had experience with spraying their ficus. Maybe Dr. Nina knows for sure if there any issues with lime sulfur and ficus?

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Peterson"
I have to think about how I could test it. Should I try to spray a single branch?

Other than death, what sort of negative reaction should I look for?

Regards,
Steve

************************************************** ******************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
************************************************** ******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++