Old 16-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Default Building a Garden Webpage

It was a dark and stormy night, and as the people of uk.rec.gardening
huddled around the fire, Sharon Curtis told them this story:

* I don't like it when separate windows come up for photos,

Absolutely. If I want a new window for something, I`ll bring it up
myself, thank you very much. Besides, I`ve rather fallen in love with
Netscape`s new tags idea (several pages one behind the other in a single
browser window) and bringing up separate windows seems so crude these
days..

* I prefer appropriate sizes for pictures, not too big they can't fit
on a screen, but not so small that you're peering at them (and large
pictures displayed with small width and height attributes are the worst).

The size specifications are supposed to be for the browser to know how
much space to leave for the picture while it`s loading. I always make a
small thumbnail (by resizing the actual picture) and include a link to
the full-size version.

Rhiannon