Old 18-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Storing bird seed

The message t
from "Paul D.Smith" contains these words:

Anyone have any suppliers of squirrel and mice proof storage for bird seed?
We feed our feathered friends and buy in bulk (about 15kg at a time x seed,
sunflowers and millet sprays) and currently it is taking up valuable real
estate in the kitchen. If we can move it into a shed, suitably protected,
we can get back some space.

The seed will keep better in a dry cool shed, away from the warm
humidity of a kitchen.

If your area rubbish colection has gone over to plastic wheelie bins,
there should be some oldfashioned metal or HD plastic dustbins
languishing unused in neighbours' gardens. Ask around, or try a note in
the local newsagent's window.

Always cover your shed stash with a solid top, held down with a
brick. Rats can climb or jump several vertical feet.

Janet