Old 18-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Help wanted (somewhat O/T)

The message t
from "Paul D.Smith" contains these words:

If it's the size of a rat, and shy with it, it's almost certainly a rat.
And where there's one...

Huh! If you're in a populated area you're never far from a rat.

Depending on your preference, poison, traps or the next door neighbours jack
russel - although I'd not go for the latter because any vets bills for bites
to the dog could cost you a lot!

You must do something and I believe rats are notifiable (you have to tell
the council)

Notifiable? You have to be joking!

but providing you're taking steps, they almost certainly won't
care. And you won't need me to warn you that rat poison should be handled
with care as anything else that eats it dies too!

Do you get them a lot? If so, you might want to invest on one of these
tought, but expensive, rat poison boxes. About £90.00 I'm told but
obviously handy to have as you can place it where you want, filled with
poison, and it's relatively safe.

£90? Pah!

Get a couple of feet of plastic drainpipe and cut a short length off it.
(Large enough to cover the hole you are about to make.)

Cut, bore, drill or hack a hole in the middle, and make it large enough
to pour in a granular rat poison like Neosorexa.

Cut the short length longitudinally so you can expand it and slip it
over the pipe and slide it up to cover the hole.

Place the pipe alongside a wall, fence, etc, and expose the hole. Tip in
the poison and slide the cover back over it.

Job done.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/