Old 18-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Richard Brooks

Default Help wanted (somewhat O/T)

Alan Holmes wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

My back garden seems to be host to some kind of rodent, which is living
on seed that I put out for the birds. I dont see it for very long so
cannot describe it in detail, because it darts out from behind the shed
eats a seed or two and then retreats just as quickly.

[snipped]

I would call in the council expert, if it is a rodent, then he will be
able to deal with it without harming other animals, if it proves to be
something harmless then you have the choice of letting it live or die,
I'm not fond of any animal which may be living in or under my shed!

The concrete floor of our shed now has a crack in it where there is a
tunnel outide, and there's a pile of shingle along the outside so you
are wise not to be fond of something living under your shed.

If you decide to try to trap the animal, live traps can be obtained from
Mole Valley Farmers who have branches all over the South West, the one
I use is in Bridgewater.

I've bought mine in B&Q before but the sight of a cat in the early
morning, trying to get a rat plus trap through the gap in my chestnut
fencing was too funny, so I've taken to an air rifle instead.

Richard.

--
Celebrate Eid Safely!

Don't leave cooking unattended.