Old 18-10-2005, 12:50 PM
BAC

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
news

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

But he wrote that circa 1950, and, lately, I have noticed the

additional
creeping into wider usage. Hence my original question as to what
currently
constitutes 'most favoured practice'.

The trouble is with 'most favoured practice', it's subjective.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

All this banter re the correct or incorrect usage of the English language
leaves me with but a single thought at my young age of 80.....I am far

less
concerned with what is correct or incorrect than I am with......"Am I

being
understood".....H

Weren't you the person extolling the virtues of creating the 'right'
impression by communicating in the manner preferred by (or appropriate to)
the target audience?