Old 18-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Harold Walker

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

"BAC" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
news

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

But he wrote that circa 1950, and, lately, I have noticed the

additional
creeping into wider usage. Hence my original question as to what
currently
constitutes 'most favoured practice'.

The trouble is with 'most favoured practice', it's subjective.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

All this banter re the correct or incorrect usage of the English language
leaves me with but a single thought at my young age of 80.....I am far

less
concerned with what is correct or incorrect than I am with......"Am I

being
understood".....H

Weren't you the person extolling the virtues of creating the 'right'
impression by communicating in the manner preferred by (or appropriate to)
the target audience?

Precisely............I am better understood in France by speaking French and
in Birmingham among the 'Brummies' speaking 'Brummy'.....H