Old 18-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Paul D.Smith

Default Help wanted (somewhat O/T)

£90.00 is a bit steep as the council ones look like they cost about
£5.00 and if I still have one, the original poster can have it for free.

Depends on what you're thinking of. Around here these are steel boxes,
about 12inches x 6inches wide x 3 inches high with two entrace holes and a
dark chamber, which is where the poison is placed. I have seen plastic
equivalents but asking around I've been told that the rats like to work
their teeth on them and they don't last long.

So it depends on how many rats you expect to have to deal with ;-). I've
done the "length of pipe" thing myself but then I've only had rats twice in
8 years and these were a result of building work on a local "river"
disturbing them, whereas I know people for whom rats are a perennial
problem.

Paul DS