Old 18-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Harold Walker

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

"BAC" wrote in message news:112:

Weren't you the person extolling the virtues of creating the 'right'
impression by communicating in the manner preferred by (or appropriate

to)
the target audience?

Precisely............I am better understood in France by speaking French

and
in Birmingham among the 'Brummies' speaking 'Brummy'.....H

And, on a primarily UK newsgroup, something approaching 'standard English'
is most likely to be understood by the widest audience, IMO.

But, not by all....and it seems that the discussion generated from a
gardeninf one to the use of the Englsih language among gardeners and non
gardeners...in other words a general topic....if ya knows wat I meens