Old 18-10-2005, 01:52 PM
La puce

Default What to do with shreddings

suspicious minds wrote:
Depends on your soil type but woodlands usually have good growth in the
spring after the being carpeted in leaves in the autumn.

It's really dry around the holly tree, hard and compact. The leaves
rest there for months before showing sign of any decomposition.
Hopefully with a good hair cut the tree won't cast so much shade, and
obviously won't shed so many leaves. This year it was terrible, really
damp, no air going around, and I have another huge lime tree on the
other side, but that's from the street and I can't do nothing about it.

I'll keep the holly shreddings with my leaf mulch and will use it next
year or perhaps the following year. Ta for all your advice.

You misunderstood I meant usable nitrogen not soil.

Off course. I won't risk mulching my lotty plots with the holly leaves.