Old 18-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Rob

Default Masd. "Snow Cone" scent

jadel wrote:
My Masd. "Snow Cone" has been blooming for several days now. Just this
morning I noticed it has a strong, spicy/clove scent-- a nice bonus.
The scent was much diminished by noon.

Are there other well-scented Masd.'s?

J. Del Col

Well meaning good, or strong? There is a Masd. foetens, which you
probably don't want to be anywhere near...

We see a whole lot of masdevallias at our judging center, and I can't
say I've noticed a lot of fragrance. There are nice smelling species,
though I can't remember any off the top of my head. Useless today...
*grin*. It seems that most of the hybrids have been done for color and
shape, rather than scent, however.

Somebody who would know for sure is Lynn O'Shaughnessy. Doesn't read
this newsgroup, I'd wager, but she would love to talk masdevallias with
you. Drop her an e-mail and see what she comes up with.
http://pleurothallids.com

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1