Old 18-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Other peoples cat's - OT response

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

All this banter re the correct or incorrect usage of the English language
leaves me with but a single thought at my young age of 80.....I am far less
concerned with what is correct or incorrect than I am with......"Am I being
understood".....H

Which is an excellent point, but if ones grammar, syntax and spelling
are below par, then the answer is very often "No."

Sometimes the context makes the meaning plain, but at others the meaning
can be at best, obscure, and at worst, reversed.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/