Old 18-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Are slugs and snails eating phormium?

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:

Sorry, I say 'zillions' all the time. It's kinda my trade mark )

You used i"zillions" in another post in that thread. But that does
not mean, that every post in the thread containing the word zillions,
was written by you. Gentlegreen also used the word zillions in a
separate comment quoted verbatim above . Have you got it yet? Two
people used "zillions" in that thread, one of them was not you, I
replied to the one that wasn't you. All that stuff about me quoting YOUR
zillions post, is claptrap.

I have been using the word, in speech and postings, for 20-30 years.
I misremember exactly when I started to do so. The first reference
in the OED is to something of Damon Runyon in 1944, and there was a
use in Esquire in 1947.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.