Old 20-01-2003, 08:42 PM
JimM

Default Stopping things growing ?

Not sure if this is an anathema to the group but I'll give it a shot anyway

I've got a couple of shrubs and a hedge that are getting a bit out of
control. I pruned the shrubs back last winter but that just encouraged them
to try even harder during 2002.

Before I chop back again this year does the group have any suggestions on
how to restrain their growth. Ideally I'd like to cut back hard and then put
some magic potion on some of the stumps to stop them growing without killing
off the whole thing. Is this what the 'prune and seal' type product is for ?

The real problem plants are a Berberris hedge which is too thick and a
Fuschia which just gets too big.

Thanks

Jim

--