Old 19-10-2005, 02:34 AM
K Barrett

Default Masd. "Snow Cone" scent

Pat Brennan wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

We see a whole lot of masdevallias at our judging center, and I can't say
I've noticed a lot of fragrance. There are nice smelling species, though
I can't remember any off the top of my head. Useless today... *grin*. It
seems that most of the hybrids have been done for color and shape, rather
than scent, however.

Hey Rob,

Bet if scent was worth 10 points you would be smelling some great stuff at
your center. In my "judging" it has to be worth at least 10 points,
fragrance sells.

Pat

You're right on that score, Pat. Fordyce is closing his doors after
umpteen million years in business and the orchids that have a fragrance
are all clearly labelled.

K Barrett