Old 18-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Stubby

Default Sears Lawn Tractor: Kohler Engine: Runs then quits.....

Fred wrote:
I have a 3 year old Sears LT2000 lawn tractor that the 18 HP Kohler
Pro engine just started acting up. I can start the tractor but within 1
minute the engine will stop. After inital stoppage if I try starting it
fully choked it will run for 10 seconds and then quit for good. I can
reacreate this after a few hours fo the engine resting. Any ideas? I
hate to bring it to Sears who will charge an "arm and a leg" to

Get a carburetor rebuilding kit -- about $10. Take apart the carb,
clean it with some sort of organic solvent. We used to use MEK, TCE and
the like. But Acetone will probably work. Install all the parts from
the kit. Most of them are not needed but any diaphragm must be
replaced. This is especially true of the one that implements the
accelerator pump.