Old 18-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Richard Brooks

Default - Once again

Peter Stockdale wrote:
"Richard Brooks" wrote in message

I thought troll season was over ?

Richard.

What date do reckon THE troll season ended then ?

Pete

I do reckon, mind, that "when the mill do turn 'round and 'round the
miller's hand be seen".... No wait, that's a bit from the film 'Oh Mr.
Porter' with Will Hay!

I was going by U.S. time where the season comes to a close when the sun
sets low and the season is less temperate.

We need a dumping ground/list where trolls (or in my day it was 'Billy
Goats Gruff') can be added to a FAQ for persons who are not used to such
mental onanism, can be made aware without being taken in.

For example, the posts of long ago, where there was a post from the
wilderness which spoke of stolen cookie recipes from some famous company
(famous in the States at least) which had stolen the ancient cookie recipe.

The best one I remember in the 'Time of the Ancients' in the times of
Hayes 300 baud external modems and the wars of PC-DOS versus MS-DOS
where, in the military aircraft newsgroup of one Japanese poster who
posted reams of data to prove that secret American groups could make
their operatives miniature and invisible and were able to walk through
walls. Mind you, I've felt like that after a night out in Croydon but
that was to blend in!

A more recent post is the closing down of xxx newsgroup! You've all
seen that one.

Still, it's not as old as the pre-'net troll left by the Romans, still
practiced in the UK today (or at least on the 25th of December) of some
bloke born late Spring/Summer then nailed to bits of wood for his
crimes, whose birthdate was shifted around to suit the Pagans.

Priceless! ;-)

You know you still want to send cards at that time! Go on! Hallmark
loves you, or was it "wuvs you".

Richard.

--
Celebrate Eid Safely!