Old 19-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default toad in greenhouse

The message k
from (Larry Stoter) contains these words:

We've had toads resident in our garden, since we moved in 5 years ago.
We rarely see them but their favourite residence seems to be the compost
bins - plent of worms and slugs, guess. A week or so ago, my wife
discovered a toad sat on top of the waste in one bin. As she was adding
material, she carfully moved the toad to a shaded corners of the garden
and topped up the compost bin. The following weekend, she took the lid
off the bin and there was a toad, sat in the middle, on top of the fresh
waste.

On a big-game (snail) hunt a couple of weeks ago I was shiing my torch
on some perpetual sweet peas and was surprised to see a very alert toad
sitting on the front room windowsill (outside!).

It must have climbed the cotoneaster to get there.

A few days later I found a small frog scaling the runner beans. If its
name was Jack I'll never know, 'cos I didn't kiss it to see if it
changed into anyone.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/