Old 19-10-2005, 03:20 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Becky A" wrote in message

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 9/25/05 11:52 AM, in article , "Doug
Kanter"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak"
wrote in message

Ok - the dog spooked a skunk last night and while the spray missed him,
it
did hit the driveway and lawn

So, do I just have to wait it out or is there something I can do the get
the
oils out of the lawn and driveway. Silly dog likes to rub himself in the
musk. Yes, I know it is normal and he's had a little vinegar rub to take
most of the edge off the stench. I'm not bathing him until I can
eliminate
some of the odor on the driveway.

Cheryl

Thinking of things that dissolve oil without hurting the lawn, car wash
stuff comes to find. Granted, it's usually diluted when it's rinsed off
the
car, but still....might be worth a try. Or, a dish liquid like Dawn,
diluted
and sprayed onto the area, allowed to sit for a little while, then
rinsed.
Then, repeated 13,000 times.

We are supposed to get drenched shortly. We'll see what happens.

Cheryl

Cheryl, the 'main ingredient' in skunk spray is actually activated by
water. It'll make it worse to get it wet.

Mix up some of this and try it. It scales up pretty well.

1 Quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon dish soap

I PROMISE it'll work. See you on RCTN!
Becky A

Something must disintegrate the stuff, without human intervention.
Otherwise, the woods would permanently stink.

I never said it wouldn't fade on it's own. It will. It just takes
plenty of time. But would you want a stinky driveway in the meantime?
I know I wouldn't!

another thing that does help take away the smell is tomato juice full strength. our cat of all things ended up getting sprayed in the face and did he stink eewwwww. didnt know what to use until i remembered about the tomato juice he still had a bit of a smell maybe also from his eyes im not really sure but it did work well. also another thing that will help is straight lemon juice.
i will also keep on hand the other recipe posted here because if the dog gets it we would need a lot of tomato juice lol. so thanks for that recipe as well its greatly appreciated. take care, sockiescat.