Old 19-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Reel Mckoi

Default He's Orange!!!

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
Ok. I inherited 3 koi when I bought my house in July 2004. (Two
black/orange/white and one black/orange) I have carefully maintained my
atrium pond and all are doing well. In August 2005 I bought a "bright
yellow" koi and introduced him to the pond. He's growing and seems happy.
I've been feeding them the food that is supposed to "increase the color"
and
now I find that my "yellow" is turning "Orange".

## I don't use color enhancing feeds and some of my koi deepened in color
over time.

My question: Will changing food eventually bring back his original color
and, if so, how soon would that happen? Given that we are approaching the
time when feeding will stop, am I looking at next year?

## If the food caused the change then stop feeding it to him/her. Probably
a few months will be needed before his color returns to normal.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b