Old 19-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Jalapino Chillies

Tim C. wrote:
On 18 Oct 2005 15:59:41 -0700, Amber wrote:

I have been told that you can keep the chilli plants from year to
year. Is this wrong?

You can. I haven't had any last more than about 3 or 4 years

though.
They'll probably drop their leaves but even if they don't they need

fair amount of light, or they'll get sickly.
Aphids and spider mites are particular pests indoors.

This seems to be a hardy perennial question. Do you and Rusty share
my experience that you get a bigger yield by growing chillies as
annuals? Or is it simply a matter of feeding them up properly after
the first year?

--
Mike.