Old 19-10-2005, 03:01 PM
La puce

Default Winter Density lettuce seeds not germinating at all

Chris wrote:
It was picked up by me, the OP (Original Poster).
The seeds are still on the windowsill.
No germination yet - but they haven't had long.

Indeed. It has never happened to me - all seeds not germinating that
is. Off course not all germinate. But your case is strange and I hope
you have some result soon or there's no salad for you!

I've been very lucky with some proteas seeds this year. I'm not sure
which one I have yet. The leaves are too small. Outta 8, 4 took but I
lost one to the slugs. The seeds kinda fell cough in my friend's
pocket when she was in south africa. The seedlings are still outside
but I will soon bring them in.

Now I'm horrified to pot them on - apparently they need no phosphate at
all AT ALL or I'll lose them. It's like a nut allergy - I'm frighten
some phosphate will sip in somehow !!