Old 21-01-2003, 12:10 AM
andrew jones

Default Cuttings from a bay tree

Dear Ian,
I've taken cuttings of bay, they are just a bit slow thats all, put 4 inch
cuttings (take all but two leaves off) half buried in loam in a shady, moist
but not damp spot outside. In a pot in a plastic bag they are quicker in a
cold glasshouse again in shade. Suckers from the base of bay are quickest if
you have got any.
Andy

"Ian Snowdon" wrote in message
In the back garden of my late mothers house there is a bay tree. It was
a small tree in a pot when my wife gave it to her, it is now about 20
feet high! It would be nice to take a cutting from the tree before the
house is sold or whatever happens to it.

We are told that you can't just take a cutting and get it to grow, it's
more difficult than that. OK, so how should it be done?

Any ideas?
--
Snowy