Old 19-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default He's Orange!!!

"Patrick Fischer" wrote in message
Thanks. I really liked the yellow color of this fish, especially at night
when the pond lights are on. He just seemed to glow. Any suggestions as to
a preferred food?

======================
We use the much cheaper Catfish and Trout chows mixed with a small amount of
kitten and or puppy chow. No one can say this isn't a good diet when they
look at the health of my fish. Plus they're growing and reproducing like
crazy. My yellows do stay yellow and the orange and reds have a deep rich
color. Do keep in mind that koi can change color as time goes by. I
remember a beautiful black and white koi with a nice red patch on it's head.
What a beauty! By the time it was 3 or 4 years old it was the ugliest fish
in the pond. The red patch got smaller and smaller until it disappeared and
the black and white sort of blended into a motley looking dirty gray
color..... UGH! I finally found a Pet Shop that took it for free.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
NAMES ARE BEING FORGED.