Old 19-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Brian

Default Identifying apple

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
I have a couple of pics (taken in poor light) of an apple which was
originally rootstock - the tree blew down and died, but a sucker came up
from the root.

It bears apples with - well - almost facets. Last year the one I saw was
almost box-shaped, though this year there seem to be more 'sides' on the
fruit.

Does not cook down to a pulp.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/apple.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/temp/apple1.jpg

--
Rusty

Most likely MM106[not named] Keeps very well but is not at its best
before end Nov. The other rootstocks resemble, and taste like, crab
apples. MM106 is worth keeping as a tree, but not in quantity. Cooks very
well and retains texture.
Best Wishes Brian.