Old 21-01-2003, 07:16 AM
Mike

Default Cuttings from a bay tree

In article , Ian Snowdon
writes
In the back garden of my late mothers house there is a bay tree. It was
a small tree in a pot when my wife gave it to her, it is now about 20
feet high! It would be nice to take a cutting from the tree before the
house is sold or whatever happens to it.

We are told that you can't just take a cutting and get it to grow, it's
more difficult than that. OK, so how should it be done?

Any ideas?

Depending on how well the garden around it has been cultivated, you
might very well find small Bay Plants growing already, these will be
easy to lift and grow on. We have bay and these little plants grow
almost like weeds.

BUT, am I correct in saying that there are 'Bay Trees' and bay trees? To
me a bay tree is a bay and they all look the same. :-(

We are happy with ours :-))

Mike

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate, when the airport employee
asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"
I said, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?"
He smiled and nodded knowingly, "That's why we ask."