Old 19-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Tumbleweed

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
Hi

I have just started my 2 weeks holiday and I need to clear my garden of 10
years worth of neglect (we have just moved in). To make matters worse, I
just cut through the cable of the hedge trimmer. I went to buy a petrol
driven type but they didn't have one - the guy said he had plenty of chain
saws. Question! what is the difference (apart from the obvious) between
using a chain saw and a trimmer for doing the same type of work i.e.
cropping back bushes and scrub etc? - will a chain saw TRIM a hedge?

No it will not do it all all or be really crap. You either need a HT and a
small hand saw, or both plus a chainsaw depending upon how big the
branches/trunks are and how much there is. Dont forget to factor into the
cost of the chainsaw, £25 on chain mail gloves. Seriously. And a spare chain
(hit one nail or one stone and the chain will blunt instantly, if you dont
have a spare that may be the rest of the day gone while you get it
sharpened or a new one. Or just spend longer with a handsaw.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com